The School of Medicine and Public Health has embarked on a renovation of the Health Sciences Learning Center
that will create, maintain, and improve our state-of-the-art learning environment.
All four floors of the existing learning center will improve. Project goals include increasing both quiet and group study space and creating better learning and collaborative environments. For example, the project will continue the work started last summer for cluster classrooms.
The University of Wisconsin’s nationwide invitation to submit proposals for this project resulted in a narrow field of firms who interviewed on campus in mid-October. The team of OPN Architects, a multi-disciplinary firm based in Madison, and The S/L/A/M Collaborative from Connecticut, medical learning environment specialists, were without a doubt the best qualified team we interviewed.
Because some disruption is inevitable with a construction project of this scope, regular project updates from the project team will be available on this site. Please visit often to ask questions, offer feedback, and stay up-to-date on this exciting step for the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health.
Watch the transformation:
Latest Project Updates
- Renovations on schedule for April curriculum accreditationWith just less than four months until the Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME)’s accreditation visit to the School of Medicine and Public Health’s Health Sciences Learning Center, construction of several major spaces is queued …January 22, 2018
- Sustainability central to HSLC enhancement projectSustainability isn’t just about LEED certification or photo-voltaic panels. It is often interwoven throughout the design and construction process in many different ways from material selection to the disposal of materials. In the case of …December 12, 2017
- PHOTO GALLERY: Watch the transformationIt’s been a busy summer of construction at the HSLC. See first hand what our construction team has been up to:August 25, 2017
- HSLC Construction Closures: What, when, whyJuly 20, 2017
- Many spaces closed for construction due to reopen in AugustAs anticipated, construction has begun at the Health Science Learning Center. The first phase — driven by the April 2018 site visit by the Committee on Medical Education — must be complete in time for the site visit …July 11, 2017