The School of Medicine and Public Health has embarked on a renovation of the Health Sciences Learning Center
that will create, maintain, and improve our state-of-the-art learning environment.
All four floors of the existing learning center will improve. Project goals include increasing both quiet and group study space and creating better learning and collaborative environments. For example, the project will continue the work started last summer for cluster classrooms.
The University of Wisconsin’s nationwide invitation to submit proposals for this project resulted in a narrow field of firms who interviewed on campus in mid-October. The team of OPN Architects, a multi-disciplinary firm based in Madison, and The S/L/A/M Collaborative from Connecticut, medical learning environment specialists, were without a doubt the best qualified team we interviewed.
Because some disruption is inevitable with a construction project of this scope, regular project updates from the project team will be available on this site. Please visit often to ask questions, offer feedback, and stay up-to-date on this exciting step for the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health.
Latest Project Updates
- HSLC Construction Closures: What, when, whyJuly 20, 2017
- Many spaces closed for construction due to reopen in AugustAs anticipated, construction has begun at the Health Science Learning Center. The first phase — driven by the April 2018 site visit by the Committee on Medical Education — must be complete in time for the site visit …July 11, 2017
- Pardon the noise, it’s a sign of progressAlong with hazard tape, equipment, and maybe a few unfamiliar faces in the hallways, another sure sign that construction has begun in the HSLC is the noise. While not ideal conditions for a learning environment …July 11, 2017
- JP Cullen selected as general contractor JP Cullen has been selected as the general contractor for the University of Wisconsin-Madison School of Medicine and Public Health Health Sciences Learning Center Enhancement Project. Construction will begin June 26. JP Cullen has grown …June 15, 2017
- Little details make a big differenceWhen complete, the Health Sciences Learning Center Enhancement project will mean big changes that will create, maintain, and improve our state-of-the-art learning environment. All four floors of the existing learning center will be improved, including increasing both …May 10, 2017